Cold brew coffee is a summer staple, and these days, you do not have to visit a reputable coffee shop to get the real taste. Following few good recipes, you can easily get the real good stuff that could charm any of your guests. Having said that, here we share some of our favorite cold brew coffee recipes that could fix your cold coffee scarcity for the entire summer.
Prepare a sugar-syrup recipe
Many people have problems with the time it takes for the sugar to dissolve in the coffee, especially when cold. The easiest way to sweeten your drink is to make sugar syrup. Here is how to make this syrup:
- Mix 1 cup of white sugar and 1 cup of water in a medium saucepan
- Bring this blend to a boil and stir continuously until the sugar dissolves and you are not able to see any sugar crystals in water.
- Allow it to cool.
Once it has cooled, you can add any herbal extract to it. Try a teaspoon of vanilla, hazelnut or almond extract. If you want to do something creative, you can add lavender, cardamom, mint leaves, lemon, or anything else you want. Strain it if you add something like mint or lavender after allowing it to sit for 30 minutes. Adding a little alcohol helps to prolong the life of the syrup. You can add a teaspoon of vodka or other clean liquor.
The best recipe for cold brew iced coffee
- Take a 13-15 oz glass and fill halfway with ice cubes
- Add 5 ounces of classic cold brew coffee. If you want your drink to be stronger, you can add more.
- Add 4-6 oz of milk
- Add the syrup prepared earlier to taste.